Author Topic: Unable to start arssockd after Oracle has been upgrade fr 11.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.4.7  (Read 2415 times)

yeosyi

Hi Experts,

It seems like after upgrading Oracle from 11.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.4.7, we cannot start onDemand successfully.
After upgrading Oracle, we updated the value of ORACLE_HOME in .profile and ars.cfg

The logs shows the following error:
sudo alog -ot console
                285869 Fri Dec  4 17:49:53 SGT 2015 arssockd (SGSGIU01): 12/04/15 17:49:53 0 ARSSOCKD  2 13 DB Error: STARTUP -- SQLSTATE=HENV=0, SQLCODE=-1, File=arssys.c, Line=598

Due to some security settings, we can only use sudo to run arssockd.
However, I am able to start arssockd successfully when i login as <onDemand instance owner>.

Any clues why sudo to start arssockd is failing?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
it depends, this is not at my knowledge a CMOD problem but really a Unix problem.
Apparently when you do a "sudo -u <user> arssockd -S -I <CMOD_Instance>" it doesn't work, then you might need to do something like

Code: [Select]
sudo su - <user> -c "arssockd -S -I <CMOD_Instance>"
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

kbsiva

Hi -  Usually when I get that error it  is due to the fact that CMOD is not able to connect to database properly or something wrong with the root schema. Since you are saying you are able to connect from the instance owner. Like Alessandro said  something wrong with the way your sudo command works. A quick test might be to log in to instance owner  and get the values for path,libpath etc. Create a custom script and set the path, libpath and the start command in the script and then execute the script as sudo. Also try to turn on the trace and see what's the message.

Thanks,