Author Topic: ARSLOAD/PDF Indexer on MP  (Read 3258 times)

drrav

ARSLOAD/PDF Indexer on MP
« on: August 26, 2014, 07:42:34 AM »
I have arsload/PDF Indexer configured on a windows server that monitors a folder location for content and loads it to the CMOD server that lives on a z/Os server. What would be a good way to monitor this location for any files that fail to load without querying the syslog? So that the application area can be notified of the failed load. Or even if there are other ideas that may work best to manage the failed files. Thanks

rick

Re: ARSLOAD/PDF Indexer on MP
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 07:54:43 AM »
If you have configured arsload deamon, failed files will be renamed to .Failed when there is a indexing or loading failure. We can have a script to monitor the .Failed files and  notify.

drrav

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 08:22:51 AM »
Hi Rick
I have seen these files with the .Failed extension in our UAT environment and that is what made me wonder. Because I do not have an error monitoring mechanism in place. What do you all deal with these .failed files? I am assuming you have process in place! Is the script you mention supplied by IBM or developed by you? Is this something you are allowed to share? Thanks

jeffs42885

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 11:37:50 AM »
Simple Shell script

Monitor the directory for .Failed
Move them back to where they came from

drrav

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 09:23:02 AM »
Thanks Jeff!

LWagner

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 01:17:11 PM »
We move the .FAILED files to another folder, then rename to .PDF again.
The Syslog error 88 message will give you the page of the PDF that the indexing failed on.

Our PDFs are container files with multiple bills or letters.  We use the full Adobe tool to extract the bad pdf from within the container, and then re place the new PDF for loading.  If the file is good, except for the extracted pages, it loads.  We forward the bad bill or letter file to the developers for resolution.