Author Topic: Change case in AG field  (Read 2946 times)

Smitty

Change case in AG field
« on: December 10, 2013, 11:56:11 AM »
OD 7.1.2.5 - Yes we are in the process of updating...lol

I have a data field in one of our Application Groups (LTMREPTS) that I need to change the case from Mixed to Upper. I am assuming that I can not just change the case on an existing AG though...not able to edit that field.

So, I assume I need to create a new AG (LTMREPTSNEW) by doing a Copy on the existing AG and change the case on the new AG? Once the new AG is created I would then need to create new/copy of the Applications in the old AG into the new AG?

Should I then be able to rename the existing AG, LTMREPTS to LTMREPTSOLD and then rename the new AG, LTMREPNEW to LTMREPTS and all should be good?

Thanks.

swat

Re: Change case in AG field
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 02:18:40 PM »
Go to arsagfld table and look for string_type and string_case filed for that AG, You may see some hope there.
If and only if you have permission to change the data in database table.. that's a quick fix but risky,

otherwise go with normal channel and clone the AG.

jeffs42885

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 10:38:32 AM »
Version it. The amount of time it takes to create the new application group, app and link it to the existing folder is alot less time then possibly messing something up in one of the OD tables.

Smitty

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 07:35:47 AM »
Version it. The amount of time it takes to create the new application group, app and link it to the existing folder is alot less time then possibly messing something up in one of the OD tables.

I did the cloning of the AG etc., but no data/reports would show. I am assuming that the data/reports is still linked to the original AG? Do I need to unlink/link to the cloned AG?

jeffs42885

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 10:16:48 AM »
I keep mine linked to the same folder that way historical data is available, just make sure you set your permissions on the application group that you recently created.